Plant native species and remove invasives near Witty’s Lagoon! LUNCH included
Thursday, September 28 @ 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join the Greater Victoria Green Team and the Habitat Acquisition Trust for a day of planting native vegetation and removing invasive plants from an area in Metchosin by Witty’s Lagoon called Ruby Creek.
This event is in conjunction with an amazing two day workshop (Sept 29 and 30th). Details to come!
This event is on rain or shine!
Meeting Spot and Parking
Meet at Witty’s Lagoon Parking Lot HERE. Parking is available there. If you can’t arrive until after 10am, we are going to be walking from the parking lot to the entrance of the work site located at 3981 Metchosin Road which is 5 minute walk from Witty’s Lagoon. Please meet there instead (if you arrive past 10:15 or 10:20am).
How to get to the location
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 10am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Walk to site (follow the arrows/flagging tape if you are late)
• Plant native vegetation and remove invasives
• Take a break after about 2 hours with for lunch (provided by HAT)
• Volunteer until 2pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. Please DOWNLOAD THE FORM FROM HERE
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, hat and sunscreen if it is sunny.
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!