- This event has passed.
EARTH DAY Scotch Broom removal at South Prospect Lake Park
Saturday, April 22 @ 9:45 am - 1:00 pm
Join the Greater Victoria Green Team for an educational and productive morning of helping restore a section of South Prospect Lake Park with the Friends of Tod Creek Watershed!
Meeting Spot and Parking
We will meet in the parking lot south of Estelline Road off Prospect Lake Road around HERE. The park entrance and parking is just south of this point and just past the Prospect Lake Golf course. Please look out for the park sign and the Greater Victoria Green Team sign too!
How to get to the location
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 9:45am for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Walk to site (follow the arrows/flagging tape if you are late)
• Remove Scotch Broom
• Take a break after about 1.5 hours with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 1pm then sign-out at end
What to bring
• If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. Please DOWNLOAD THE FORM FROM HERE
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, extra layers in case it is cold
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots suitable for rough terrain
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in a beautiful park!