- This event has passed.
YOUTH Remove English Ivy and plant trees in Portage Park DROP-IN
Friday, February 17 @ 11:30 am - 2:00 pm
We will be removing English Ivy and planting Douglas-fir trees in Portage Park, View Royal! We will have students from Shoreline School helping out that day!
While we will focus on engaging youth for this activity, volunteers of all ages are welcome!
We will be working rain or shine.
Meeting Spot and Parking
We will meet in the park in the grass area by the new playground (down the stairs from behind Town Hall – make a left and follow trail until you see us!).
Parking is available at Town of View Royal Hall at 45 View Royal Ave here
How to get to the location
Carpool. If you need a ride log into your Meet-up account, RSVP and leave a message at the bottom of this event page describing where you need a ride from.
Flow of Volunteer Activities
• Meet at 12:30 pm for sign-in and introductions (please be on time)
• Remove English Ivy from trees, and plant Douglas-fir seedlings
• Take a break after about 1 hour with treats and refreshments
• Volunteer until 3:00pm!
What to bring
• If you’re under 19, you must bring a waiver form signed by a parent or guardian in order to participate. PLEASE DOWNLOAD FORM HERE
• Refillable water bottle
• Dress for the weather. Rain jacket/pants if it rains, a hat if it is sunny.
• Long-sleeved shirt and long pants to protect you from thorny plants and ticks
• Clothing you don’t mind getting dirty
• Sturdy, comfortable closed-toe shoes/boots.
We will provide
• Gardening gloves if you don’t have them
• Instructions on what to do. You don’t need to have experience to participate!
• A fun experience, meeting new people in beautiful park!